Won't you take a few minutes today to join Lisa, The Preacher's Wife, for her 'I AM' study? This study is growing me and speaking to me in my life right now so much girls.
I was barely into the second paragraph of today's lesson when I read this, "Can I suggest to you that sometimes we can be 'in faith' yet be totally bewildered, downcast, confused, and downright demoralized when things do not turn out like we planned? Are there any hands to raise?" Right then I knew - this lesson was written JUST FOR ME. I do believe God is using Lisa as my personal teacher these days. He can use her to teach you. too! Come on - join in the fun!
Here are my answers to today's discussion questions.
1. Have you ever found yourself 'in faith' yet bewildered or demoralized?
bewildered, downcast, confused and downright demoralized - YEP!!! BUT I struggle with the "in faith" part. I told my husband just last night how much of a fraud I feel like I am a lot of the time. I told you all in my answers to last weeks questions that I struggle with believing and trusting. It believe God and trust that he will do things for others -- just not so much for me.....being so undeserving and all.
BUT - I also KNOW in my head that it is a CHOICE I make to believe and to trust HIM. I repeatedly pray to God that I am choosing to believe and as the man asked of Jesus that he will help my unbelief......I'm just not sure I am to the right place yet. How do you know you have faith? Maybe some answers to that question will give me some guidance.
2. Do you consider yourself content? Would you describe it as Decidedly Content or Dreamily Content? Content? I don't really know that I'm content.....I can totally see the "dreamily content" of watching my husband play with our daughters. Being decidedly content is a choice one has to make. I think that I am working on deciding no matter what to be content with God. To choose to be content where he has placed our family - trusting that HE placed us here and HE has a plan for us here.
3. If you are not content, are there circumstances that keep you from this feeling?
My own sin - plain and simple keeps me from being content.....when I choose to wallow in self- pity and poor me kind of thinking instead of filling up on HIS word and HIS love for me !
4. Have you ever found yourself in a place where you looked back on a period of your Christian walk and believed a great opportunity passed you by? Not periods really that I can think of - but I often see opportunities missed when I fail to speak to people about God's way of handling things and instead let my own human nature take over and say what *I* want to say....
5. Do you ever believe your faith was stronger in an earlier time in your Christianity and find yourself floundering now? I'd say in some ways 'yes'.....definitely less questioning before. For example I believe that when I was a child I had blind faith - "YES, Jesus loves me!" - Now - I'm more likely to wonder why would he?!!?
6. Can you recognize that this season may be one of great preparation instead of a period of "I Was"? I do believe wholeheartedly - that THIS season of my life is one in which God is teaching me to FULLY love, FULLY trust, FULLY believe, and FULLY focus on HIM. To be able to say in EVERY circumstance that HIS grace is sufficient for me! I just hope the lesson is learned soon - so I can move on to a new season!!!
Looking forward to seeing your answers to the discussion questions this day!