Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Won't you take a few minutes today to join Lisa, The Preacher's Wife, for her 'I AM' study? This study is growing me and speaking to me in my life right now so much girls.


I was barely into the second paragraph of today's lesson when I read this, "Can I suggest to you that sometimes we can be 'in faith' yet be totally bewildered, downcast, confused, and downright demoralized when things do not turn out like we planned? Are there any hands to raise?" Right then I knew - this lesson was written JUST FOR ME. I do believe God is using Lisa as my personal teacher these days. He can use her to teach you. too! Come on - join in the fun!
Here are my answers to today's discussion questions.

1. Have you ever found yourself 'in faith' yet bewildered or demoralized?
bewildered, downcast, confused and downright demoralized - YEP!!! BUT I struggle with the "in faith" part. I told my husband just last night how much of a fraud I feel like I am a lot of the time. I told you all in my answers to last weeks questions that I struggle with believing and trusting. It believe God and trust that he will do things for others -- just not so much for me.....being so undeserving and all.
BUT - I also KNOW in my head that it is a CHOICE I make to believe and to trust HIM. I repeatedly pray to God that I am choosing to believe and as the man asked of Jesus that he will help my unbelief......I'm just not sure I am to the right place yet. How do you know you have faith? Maybe some answers to that question will give me some guidance.

2. Do you consider yourself content? Would you describe it as Decidedly Content or Dreamily Content? Content? I don't really know that I'm content.....I can totally see the "dreamily content" of watching my husband play with our daughters. Being decidedly content is a choice one has to make. I think that I am working on deciding no matter what to be content with God. To choose to be content where he has placed our family - trusting that HE placed us here and HE has a plan for us here.

3. If you are not content, are there circumstances that keep you from this feeling?
My own sin - plain and simple keeps me from being content.....when I choose to wallow in self- pity and poor me kind of thinking instead of filling up on HIS word and HIS love for me !

4. Have you ever found yourself in a place where you looked back on a period of your Christian walk and believed a great opportunity passed you by? Not periods really that I can think of - but I often see opportunities missed when I fail to speak to people about God's way of handling things and instead let my own human nature take over and say what *I* want to say....

5. Do you ever believe your faith was stronger in an earlier time in your Christianity and find yourself floundering now? I'd say in some ways 'yes'.....definitely less questioning before. For example I believe that when I was a child I had blind faith - "YES, Jesus loves me!" - Now - I'm more likely to wonder why would he?!!?

6. Can you recognize that this season may be one of great preparation instead of a period of "I Was"? I do believe wholeheartedly - that THIS season of my life is one in which God is teaching me to FULLY love, FULLY trust, FULLY believe, and FULLY focus on HIM. To be able to say in EVERY circumstance that HIS grace is sufficient for me! I just hope the lesson is learned soon - so I can move on to a new season!!!

Looking forward to seeing your answers to the discussion questions this day!


11 comments:

Dana said...

Hi Mindy,
Great answers. I love your answer to #3 - that is so me, I didn't even think of that - my own sin! Wow, shows how I wear blinders sometimes, huh? I got your comment about my research. Could you email me your email at mws0826@yahoo.com.
BTW, I LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK!! Darlene did a great job!

Denise said...

Great answers,God is really working with you sweet one.

Darlene said...

#6, made me think. I was frustrated yesterday about something, but today I'm starting to see it as a season that will pass as the others.

I think Lisa's Bible study is a great idea!

~Layers*of*Me~ said...

Your response to #6, is what I also am trying to be. Great answers! And your blog is awesome!

Nise' said...

I am studying Matthew By Kay Arthur and todays lesson touched on your answer to #1. The lesson spoke about that faith is taking God at His Word and if you do that you have faith, no matter what you "feel". It was encouraging to me, hope it is to you as well. Thanks for sharing.

Connie Barris said...

Don't you know ol' Satan is loving his party.. since he lost us at the cross, he loves trying to make our life miserable....
John 10:10...

I'm right there with ya....

Love your blog...

Glad you are in the study...

blessings
Connie

Linda said...

Loved reading your thoughtful answers. We have to be honest with God about our fears and doubts. He is a big God and can handle our honesty. You have faith--let's not quantify--and that pleases God!

Gretchen said...

Hi Mindy,

Your answer to #4 is so me. I tend to love God, but act independent of Him. It's only when I'm focused and in the Word or in prayer most often that I leave myself behind. I truly need to see "less of me and more of Him" in my life.

Blessings to you, Girl. Isn't it nice that we're all in the same boat, trying to step out of it together with Him? ;)

Etta said...

Thank you, Mindy, for your answers, they really spoke to me. I have been in vocational ministry all my life--first my father, now my husband. I have OFTEN been in places that I just didn't understand why God took us there, so I understand your struggle. Just keep praying that prayer, "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief."

Jen said...

thanks for visiting my blog

It took me years to believe in His Grace. I couldnt get it that He would die for me. I think I choose to accept it eventually its (been years now I cant really remember)

I think when dealing with the fact that we dont always really forgive ourselves as you described in question 3 I focus on the fact that God has thrown our sins so very far and wide that He cant see them anymore and then we have to believe that this is so and leave our sins with Him and move on.

questioning is good. I believe it means we are seeking to understand more Him more. However, the bible tells us we should accept like a child. I think you need to accept what he has done and then focus like I said before and then trust in Him. I think its a journey that sometimes takes a while to walk in confidence. I pray that one day you do get it and accept it

remember He is teaching you and that His timiing is diofferent to ours. Just walk along the right path and lean on Him. He loves you very very much.

MiPa said...

Mindy,
I loved reading your answers this week. God is obviously at work in you. Thanks for sharing.