Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tasty Thursday - Methodist Beans


It's Tasty Thursday again and this week I have a recipe for Methodist Beans. Being the good Methodist that I am I thought I should share this with everyone =). And my Granny makes these beans, it's her recipe, and they are delicious!!!! Serve it with cornbread and you have a meal in itself! Enjoy!
Methodist Beans
3 T. bacon drippings *
1 1/2 T. chopped onion
1 1/2 T. celery
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 bottle catsup
1 can pork & beans
3 T. brown sugar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Brown onion and celery in bacon drippings. Add ground beef; continue to brown. Combine with catsup, pork & beans, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.. Pour into a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
* You can use oil instead of bacon drippings if you want to. *
Go on over to see Trista at the Pumpkin Patch to add your recipe or to see more tried and true things fro others!

10 comments:

RealEstateGirl said...

Love, love, LOVE the new blog design! I NEED a makeover too!

tegdirb92 said...

This would be awesome for picnics--thanks for the recipe :)

Mindy said...

..........or pot lucks as the case may be........Maybe that is why my Granny calls them Methodist beans....maybe she takes them to all the pot luck dinners.......=)

mjpuzzlemom said...

These look yummy...


MJ

Trista said...

These sound really good!! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

I have to admit, I chuckled at the name of these! So can I still eat them if I'm not Methodist? LOL! They sound good!

Lorie said...

These sound really good! Thanks for sharing.

Cyndi said...

I love your new look!! Congratulations!! This recipe looks great, I might make them in honor of us finishing a great read-aloud about John Wesley. :)

I did the purse meme today. Thanks for tagging me, and for your prayers. :)

Linda said...

Our family haven't been Methodist for a long while but I still love the name. I am a little sorry I can't buy pork & beans. Great recipe.

www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown

Kim said...

I feel a summer Bar B Que coming on with that served up besides yummy grilled hamburgers and chicken!

That recipe sounds very good!

I appreciate your comments on my blog...it is nice to hear what other's are thinking through. We strive to do what we see as best for our children...it is a most difficult decision!


Kim