Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tasty Thursday - Fettuccini with Olive Sauce


This is a great pasta recipe if you love olives. We have this at my house often as my hubby (and daughters LOVE olives!
Have a very tasty thursday -ya'll!

Fettuccine with Olive Sauce

1 (12 oz) package fettuccine noodles
1/4 c. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (6oz) can pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
1 (3oz) can pimento stuffed olives, drained and chopped
1 sm. bunch italian parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese

In sauce pot, prepare fettuccine as label directs;drain. Return fettuccine to pot;keep warm.
In a two -quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot olive oil, cook garlic until it just begins to brown. Stir in ripe olives, pimento stuffed olives, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 c. water; Over high heat, heat to just boiling, stirring mixture occasionally. Stir olive mixture into the fettuccine in sauce pot. Add Parmesan cheese; toss well. Serves 4
Calories, 400. total fat - 30 grams

For more Tasty Thursday recipes visit Trista over at The Pumpkin Patch.


7 comments:

Renee's Ramblings said...

This sounds tasty. My husband's birthday is coming up and he loves anything to do with pasta and olives. Thanks!

Deborah said...

I love your blog site as an ex soon to be re-employed ministers wife long story that I should share one day when I can find my book of thoughts. Thank you for coming to visit me in South Africa via my blogsite I really enjoy meeting wonderful dolla's from all over the world. love always me

tegdirb92 said...

yum!! Looks really good :) Have a wonderful Thursday.

NspiredByFaith said...

mmmmmmm! Sounds good!

Trista said...

YUUUMMMMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Betsy said...

Yum, I can just imagine eating it!

mjpuzzlemom said...

Oh my! My pasta loving family will love this ... Thanks for sharing.


MJ