Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

This morning my 3 year old was looking through her scrapbook when she brought me a page to clarify who someone was.
I told her who it was and said "And this is you!"

She said," Yeah, that was me when I was sanitizeded."

I said, "Yes, that was you when you were baptised."

In thinking about this I think she got it right. God cleansed and disinfected her --sanitizeded her when she was baptised. Psalm 51 illustrates it very well.

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.


2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.

5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts ;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

What an amazing way to talk about being baptised. I know there are many out there who don't believe in baptising infants ,and honestly, I'm not interested in debating that.
I just think that even if she doesn't fully grasp it yet, the Lord is teaching her what HE did for her when she was baptised. Sometimes the most profound thoughts come out of the mouths of babes! =)
Hope you all had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!

5 comments:

NspiredByFaith said...

What a great post. I think she hit the nail on the head!

Terri @ In His Hands said...

Very profound! I love it!

Melody said...

I LOVE it when kids mix up words like that! And how often does their mix-up end up making sense?

I just came by to visit since you came and visited at my place, so now I'm off to look around some more:) I really like the design of your blog already...the colors are gorgeous!

RealEstateGirl said...

Mindy, I LOVE this! You are so right...SHE got it right! Too precious!

Darlene said...

That is totally adorable! What will we do when they grow up ~ sigh.