Lesson 7 is a good one and asks you to ponder on this BIG question -
Who Am I?
1. How would you answer the questions, "Who Am I?"
hhhmmmm.....what a question. I think lately I've learned *I* am nothing. *HE* is everything and so that makes me loved and valuable to the God Most High. And here is what HE has made me - a daughter, a wife, a sister, a mommy, a bible study leader who know that like Moses - without HIM - I am a babbling fool!
2. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt inadequate because of your lack of a 'tagline'?
Yep! I feel this way everytime I begin a new bible study with ladies at church. I feel, though, that instead of having a lack of a tagline -- it is more like this: Mindy - the totally unqualified, rambling, glean what you can because it doesn't make sense bible study leader.....(yes- the devil is playing up the guilt I know).
3. Do you have skills or position that you believe God could use mightily if only He would?
Quite the opposite for me.....I tend to feel like I have NO idea why God called ME to be a pastor's wife and lead these studies -- I am fully unqualified. I feel like I don't have ANY skills that God can use mightily.....my abilities to make hair bows and corsages don't help God out too much I don't think.....
4. Have you ever lost a position or station in life you believe could have 'helped God out' with something He has asked you to do? If you haven't lost out, do you perhaps feel you have to gain this in order to be useful to the Kingdom?
I don't think that this has happened to me.....
5. How are you with your dialogue vs. doubt conversations with God? Which does God hear most from you?
That's a tough one. It was for the first 33 years and oh I don't know 3 months that I am sure God heard exclusively DOUBT from me.....self - esteem issues run rampant! For the past two months I've been better somewhat. I have fully realized that my worth comes from HIM alone and how much HE loves me. So - I am improving on dialogueing more with him and doubting less -- choosing instead to trust that the Sovereign Lord has plans for me and the are GOOD!
6. Do you believe God's Wonders become more wonderful if they originate in the ordinary? Any Scripture references come to mind?
I guess I've not thought about it much but I do tend to agree. What could be better than for folks to know what a rambling - flighty -sometimes not making sense girl I am? And then for God to use ordinary me and speak through me in a way that teaches someone. That would be awesome and would definitely be HIS wonders becoming more wonderful!
I hope everybody chooses to join this discussion today. I love reading everyone's responses! I am in a season of total renewal in the LORD and you all are a fresh word from HIM everyday!