Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I AM - Lesson 7

It's that time again, Ya'll! Join us over at The Preacher's Wife for this amazing study of Moses!

Lesson 7 is a good one and asks you to ponder on this BIG question -

Who Am I?

1. How would you answer the questions, "Who Am I?"
hhhmmmm.....what a question. I think lately I've learned *I* am nothing. *HE* is everything and so that makes me loved and valuable to the God Most High. And here is what HE has made me - a daughter, a wife, a sister, a mommy, a bible study leader who know that like Moses - without HIM - I am a babbling fool!

2. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt inadequate because of your lack of a 'tagline'?
Yep! I feel this way everytime I begin a new bible study with ladies at church. I feel, though, that instead of having a lack of a tagline -- it is more like this: Mindy - the totally unqualified, rambling, glean what you can because it doesn't make sense bible study leader.....(yes- the devil is playing up the guilt I know).

3. Do you have skills or position that you believe God could use mightily if only He would?
Quite the opposite for me.....I tend to feel like I have NO idea why God called ME to be a pastor's wife and lead these studies -- I am fully unqualified. I feel like I don't have ANY skills that God can use mightily.....my abilities to make hair bows and corsages don't help God out too much I don't think.....

4. Have you ever lost a position or station in life you believe could have 'helped God out' with something He has asked you to do? If you haven't lost out, do you perhaps feel you have to gain this in order to be useful to the Kingdom?
I don't think that this has happened to me.....

5. How are you with your dialogue vs. doubt conversations with God? Which does God hear most from you?
That's a tough one. It was for the first 33 years and oh I don't know 3 months that I am sure God heard exclusively DOUBT from me.....self - esteem issues run rampant! For the past two months I've been better somewhat. I have fully realized that my worth comes from HIM alone and how much HE loves me. So - I am improving on dialogueing more with him and doubting less -- choosing instead to trust that the Sovereign Lord has plans for me and the are GOOD!

6. Do you believe God's Wonders become more wonderful if they originate in the ordinary? Any Scripture references come to mind?
I guess I've not thought about it much but I do tend to agree. What could be better than for folks to know what a rambling - flighty -sometimes not making sense girl I am? And then for God to use ordinary me and speak through me in a way that teaches someone. That would be awesome and would definitely be HIS wonders becoming more wonderful!


I hope everybody chooses to join this discussion today. I love reading everyone's responses! I am in a season of total renewal in the LORD and you all are a fresh word from HIM everyday!

10 comments:

Denise said...

You are a blessing.

forgiven4this said...

Mindy loved you answer #1. This was an amazing blessing for me to read today, thanks so much for sharing your heart!

Blessing : )

Dana said...

Thank you for your sweet answers. I know its hard to feel inferior, but I enjoy reading other's thoughts on it to, it is an encouragement to me that I am not the only one - we all feel this way and we can all encourage one another in the truth of who we are!! Thank you again for sharing your heart - it was a blessing.

Nise' said...

It is neat to read how everyone has answered #1. I like it that you said you are nothing with out Him! Maybe that is exactly why you are a Pastors Wife because even though you have no idea you are willing!

Connie Barris said...

You are just too precious....

YOu know.. I didn't know the LOrd... really until I was 39 and oh my is God ever making up for lost time...

so Katie Bar the Door when He gets ready... LOL

Beloved said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. I love that like moses you realize that you really are nothing without God. I'm so encouraged, thank you for sharing.

The Preacher's Wife said...

Loved your number 6..that would be me exactly..:))

Lisa

Cyndee said...

Mindy-God is truly showing Himself to you and bringing you closer to the truth. I also enjoyed your answers to number one - to truly leave yourself empty and to be filled by God. We are nothing without Him. Thanks for the reminders.

MiPa said...

Mindy thank you for the reminder that we are truly nothing without Him. Bless you for sharing.

Etta said...

Thanks for your answers. Something God has been teaching me lately--in regards to your comment "my abilities to make hair bows and corsages don't help God out too much I don't think"...it may be that someday you are pinning a hairbow or corsage on someone who doesn't know Jesus. I think in that case, your ability to make hair bows and corsages would be of great use to God! No matter what "mundane" things we are doing in our lives, God can use it to bring someone to Him. All we have to do is be used!