Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I AM - Lesson 6

Having a week off from this study,, I sort of felt lost last Wednesday. I am glad it's back. Lisa - The Preacher's Wife is our host and teacher. It's an awesome study. Join in if you can!
1. How current is your God? Is he up to date on all your issues or do you have old hurts you still hold behind your back? If there are still things that I am holding behind my back I don't know it. He might prove me wrong in the future but as of now I feel like I have cried out, screamed out, yelled out, whispered out and fought out every old issue to this point. The devil tries his best to bring them up and have them become issues anew at times but I am working with God not to have that happen.
2. Has the enemy ever told you there are situations that are 'old news' that are better left stuffed down? Or perhaps because they were so long ago they can't possibly be affecting you now I'm sure the devil tries this all the time.....through other people too.....How many times have we all heard -- you should be over that by now.........but until we give it to HIM we can't be over anything.
3. In the matter of established authority, does God truly reign in your life? Where are you when He calls your name? This is a difficult question.....I know HE is the authority and HE is in control -- I'm not but as hard as it is to admit sometimes I am in a place where I don't allow him to have the authority that is HIS and he is such a gentlemen that he would never force himself on me.
I can say that I am trying to do better on this one....to stay focused on HIM so that when He calls me -- I'm there saying "here I am Lord -- use me"
4. Do you ever feel God has forgotten you in your 'west side of the wilderness'? oh my yes. Don't we all? When we can't feel him and when we don't seem to understand it is each to FEEL forgotten. That is when it is imperative to have faith and KNOW that as he says in his word -- He is with us even to the end of the age!
5. Have you ever experienced a time of cleansing where God has illuminated and rejuvenated you? If not, do you find you are in need of this now? I KNOW he is cleansing me.......and I do believe that the illuminating and the rejuvenating is beginning......I have finally understood and BELIEVE his unfailing love for me and nothing illuminates and rejuvenates like knowing Christ loves you more than anything!!!!! It is awesome-
Dear Lord, Here I am -- Use me as you see fit. Continue to mold me and make me like you. Thank you for your faithfulness to me -- help me to be ever faithful to you!!! AMEN
Looking forward to reading your answers girls!

10 comments:

The Preacher's Wife said...

Mindy..

I'm praising the Lord for what appears to be a mighty working in your life...I love those seasons of intensity..sometimes it is almost too much to take in a once.

Praying for your illumination and rejuvenation my friend! ;))

Denise said...

I love your beautiful, honest answers. Bless you dear one.

Cyndee said...

Mindy- I review your blog today and God is doing amazing things in your heart. I am sooo excited for you. May you see more of His endless love today.

Cyndee

Connie Barris said...

I see a lot of people in counseling that say, well people tell me I should be over it.....

I impulsively would like to just hurt someone, slap someone silly when they say that.... Sure, they mean well, but dang it, I hate that.. so anyone out there reading,,, don't say it... ok.. sweet pea...

now,,, LOL...I'm with you although I didn't say it... People make me feel forgotten... but God doesn't it.. and I have to remind myself over and over where my life comes from... do you do that? it's a constant struggle for me...

I like your answers.. well said...

Connie

Deborah said...

Hey Dolla loved your answers. Its so great that we can walk in victory that no matter where we are God is in control, NOT the people. love always me

MiPa said...

Mindy, thanks again for your transparency. I love being able to watch what God is doing in your life via this study.

Etta said...

It is SO hard to give God the authority all of the time. It seems like just when you surrender one area, some other thing pops up that is hard to let go of. It sounds like God is really working in you. Keep the faith!

Gretchen said...

Mindy, thanks for your insighful answers.

Father, I ask that Mindy's prayer be mine as well. In your sovereign will and timing, please use me as your vessel as you see fit. In Jesus' name, amen.

Nise' said...

I think that we are not to be completely "over it" because if we were how could we minister to others who are going through the same thing. I think the balance is what you said making sure God is in authority over the issue. Thank you for your candid answers.

Crystal said...

The devil likes to remind us of our garbage just to keep us defeated .... and often I fall into the trap of looking every where but to Him for my answers......Thanks for sharing so honestly!
Blessings