Having a week off from this study,, I sort of felt lost last Wednesday. I am glad it's back. Lisa - The Preacher's Wife is our host and teacher. It's an awesome study. Join in if you can!
1. How current is your God? Is he up to date on all your issues or do you have old hurts you still hold behind your back? If there are still things that I am holding behind my back I don't know it. He might prove me wrong in the future but as of now I feel like I have cried out, screamed out, yelled out, whispered out and fought out every old issue to this point. The devil tries his best to bring them up and have them become issues anew at times but I am working with God not to have that happen.
2. Has the enemy ever told you there are situations that are 'old news' that are better left stuffed down? Or perhaps because they were so long ago they can't possibly be affecting you now I'm sure the devil tries this all the time.....through other people too.....How many times have we all heard -- you should be over that by now.........but until we give it to HIM we can't be over anything.
3. In the matter of established authority, does God truly reign in your life? Where are you when He calls your name? This is a difficult question.....I know HE is the authority and HE is in control -- I'm not but as hard as it is to admit sometimes I am in a place where I don't allow him to have the authority that is HIS and he is such a gentlemen that he would never force himself on me.
I can say that I am trying to do better on this one....to stay focused on HIM so that when He calls me -- I'm there saying "here I am Lord -- use me"
4. Do you ever feel God has forgotten you in your 'west side of the wilderness'? oh my yes. Don't we all? When we can't feel him and when we don't seem to understand it is each to FEEL forgotten. That is when it is imperative to have faith and KNOW that as he says in his word -- He is with us even to the end of the age!
5. Have you ever experienced a time of cleansing where God has illuminated and rejuvenated you? If not, do you find you are in need of this now? I KNOW he is cleansing me.......and I do believe that the illuminating and the rejuvenating is beginning......I have finally understood and BELIEVE his unfailing love for me and nothing illuminates and rejuvenates like knowing Christ loves you more than anything!!!!! It is awesome-
Dear Lord, Here I am -- Use me as you see fit. Continue to mold me and make me like you. Thank you for your faithfulness to me -- help me to be ever faithful to you!!! AMEN
Looking forward to reading your answers girls!